Sunday, September 2, 2012

Be Good To Yourself


Lately I have been working on so many different things: projects for 2 school organizations I am actively involved with, on top of lab experiments, on top of my business planning. Not to mention the basic chores of living on my own: cooking, cleaning, laundry, 2 dogs, exercising. I find it difficult to find time to get everything done. As a matter of fact, I DON’T get everything done. It takes something like 2 weeks to touch on all of these things. I basically picked up speed overnight now that the school year has begun, and my body is having a tantrum. I have had 2 nightmares in the past week and slept through alarms twice. But I can honestly say I love my life.

My secret is: *drumroll please* I am good to myself. What does that mean? It means I make sure to reward myself and allow myself to breathe. I take time to relax myself, do things by myself, take mini vacations . . .etc. Recently I celebrated my 24th birthday in Atlanta. I went knowing a single person and came back with many new friends. I love that human connection. It is very refreshing and reinvigorating. Also, just yesterday, I went to a Jazz and Blues festival. It was so relaxing to be around happy people and music that feeds the soul.

To counter the latest body tantrums, I am taking a mini vacation home to see my closest family and friends. Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment